I think I’ll make it a point to go visit this place, eh:
I am sure that most of you might have heard about the accusations and controversy brought by Evelyn Myrie of Hamilton’s Centre For Civic Inclusion. If you are not aware, I have posted a copy of the Spectator article to our site.
Over the past two days, we have had camera crews from CHCH, Global TV and CITYTV in the store. In addition I have been on seven radio interviews answering for what Ms. Myrie has deemed offensive signage and menu.
While I respect Ms. Myrie’s position with her group, the mandate of her group is as follows:
* Community-based civic resource centre, committed to working as a catalyst for anti-racist change across Hamilton.
* HCCI initiates and supports transformative processes that promote equality and create racism-free and inclusive environments in all areas of civic life
* HCCI develops and shares training and education resources
* HCCI is a source of support and information to newcomer immigrant and refugee communities, diverse ethno-racial and ethno-cultural groups and First Nations communities
* HCCI helps build community leadership and enable productive dialogues and partnerships between marginalized and ‘centralized’ communities, organizations and institutions
* Hate Crimes Prevention Program aims to fill the deficit of support for victims of hate crimes in Hamilton who are vulnerable and unable to access counselling services
Read the rest. Then all you Canadian readers, go there and give them your business. I will the next time I’m in that area, eh!